Sunday, March 12, 2006

 

The Blurry Weekend.

"How was your weekend?"

That is a frequent question asked in passing at the office Monday mornings. My pat response is, "A blur." It isn't that I don't want to go into detail about every little thing, it's seriously a blur. A fog. A hazy memory at best. Life with 11 year old twins can be quite the whirlwind. A whirlwind that can leave me befuddled by Monday morning. "Oh, come on," they nudge, "you must have been up to something." "Well," I say slowly, "let's see... uhhhhhhh... Friday... we... hmmm, I can't remember. Saturday, um... let me think... (blank) we had breakfast at... no..."

By this time, the questioner has lost complete interest and moved on to the coffee machine. I wonder if this is what those people who suffer from short term memory loss feel like. I mean, come on, I'm ready for Monday. The commute into work that day is highlighted by an intense few minutes of mental project review between lane changes. I've got to do this this and this on that that and that. Got it.

"How was your weekend?"

"Uhhhhhh..."

In other thoughts, tonight is the "JammX Kids" special airing on the WB at 7pm. I'm DVR-ing it. DVR-ing is a new verb. Like TiVo-ing, DVR-ing is tapeless recording on a hard drive. But you already knew that. On Tuesday, I go in to read another show for them that airs next Sunday night. That should be fun. I enjoy them.

This past week also blessed me with a last minute opportunity to read for a spot promoting "Family Guy Season 3" DVD. That was fortunate, because I lost a job due to a scheduling conflict on Friday. It's that easy come, easy go thing again. So, come tomorrow, after the agonizing recall of the weekend, I will cloister myself in my office, "do my thing," as I like to say, and wait to see if I get invited into the voice-over world again.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?